Company Name: Max Foundation Bangladesh
Job Title: Sr. Manager - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: NGO/Development
Salary: 100000 -- 120000
Deadline: 31 Mar,2017
Master degree in Statistics / Mathematics / Nutrition/ Public Health / Demography/population science /Gegraphy/ Economics or Graduate in Engineerig (Civil/ Agril/ Environmental/Water-Sanitation/- or bio-engineering) from reputed University with good track of results in all exams.
Training: Monitoring and evaluation, Research methodology and GIS
- At least 8 years experience in Monitoring of WASH and Health programs/projects in reputed national or international development organization/s of which at least 3 years in a senior / managerial position in Monitoring & Evaluation team/ department.
- Expert in qualitative and quantitative research methods, statistical design and analysis, and sampling strategies particularly as applied to program evaluation.
- Experience in working with data management/ monitoring Apps.
- Experienced in the design and development of monitoring and evaluation systems, educational research programs and survey design in the context of WASH and /or Health programs.
- Proven experience with community-based, participatory monitoring.
Skills, knowledge and competencies:
- Proven experience in report writing as well as articulate oral and written communications skills in English (please don’t apply if English is not good).
- Excellent communication skills to build collaborative relationships with coworkers, PNGOs, other organisations, networks etc.
- Proven basic skills on GIS software, create maps to present data
- Excellent skills on data analysis with computer software like SPSS, Access and Excel,
- Familiarity with WASH and health databases
- Knowledge/skills on smart phone based monitoring apps/mobile data gathering tools;
- Strong motivational, facilitation and team-building skills;
- Strong logical and analytical skills;
- Flexible in regard to tasks, working hours and team roles;
- Physical, mental and social ability to travel to the field for 40% of the working time;
- Ability to anticipate problems and to seek solutions that are both technically sound and sensitive to field challenges and constraints that are both real and enduring
- Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to Max Foundation’s vision, mission, and long-term development work to significantly improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized. Candidates must be capable of displaying great learning ability, support and encouragement of knowledge sharing across the projects, to the ultimate benefit of all MF’s mission wide initiatives.
Age Limit and Preference/encouragement:
- Maximum 50 years, younger is preferable
- Women are especially encouraged to apply; in case of equal qualification, preference will be given to a female candidate
- Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates
Salary benefits and contract
- Gross salary: BDT 100,000 – 120,000,- per month depending on experience (including all Tax and levies)
- Benefits: 2 Festival Bonuses equaling a 1 month gross salary;
- Other admissible benefits as per Max Foundation policy;
- At present there is no provident fund or gratuity in Max Foundation.
- Open ended, subject to annual renewal (based on annual performance evaluation report);
- 6 month probation starting from the joining date; based on performance in probation period job will be confirmed with MFB.
- Reporting to the Max Foundation Bangladesh Country Director;
- Job location: based in Dhaka (at least 40 % field visits).
If you are looking for a challenging job opportunity in an innovative development organization, please visit our website www.maxfoundation.org/en/home/ and send your application with (I) a cover letter (maximum 1 page), (II) detailed CV (maximum 5 pages, please only include experience and skills relevant to the requirements in the Terms of Reference), (III) scanned copy of a recent passport size photo .
Please address your application to:
- The Country Director, Max Foundation, Bangladesh;
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for application submission: on or before: 31 March 2017
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted;
- Please don’t send any hard copy or postal application.
Please note: applicants currently working with Max Foundation partner organizations are advised to discuss their application with their Executive Director / CEO / Chairman of the respective organization to avoid any conflicts of interest.
Please visit our website www.maxfoundation.org
Job opportunity in the Max Foundation Bangladesh Country Office
Senior Manager Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Max Foundation (MF), a Dutch INGO established in 2004, fights child mortality with an integrated approach, consisting of WASH, safe motherhood, reproductive health and stunted growth prevention. Max Foundation has been implementing child health programs in Bangladesh since 2005. Max Foundation aims at reducing child mortality in the most cost effective way.
Max Foundation has a strong focus on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning to identify best practices, evaluate its progress and to continuously improve its programs. We use smartphones and the mobile-data gathering app ‘Akvo FLOW’ /other smart APP to collect real-time data on a daily basis. For us Monitoring & Evaluation is more than a donor requirement, it is an essential element of our operations. For us it is the way to practice continuous learning and to serve as many people as possible with our limited resources.
Last September Max Foundation has completed its 4-year program called ‘’Max Value for WASH’’ (Max-WASH I): reducing child mortality by providing approximately 890,000 people with the integrated Max-WASH approach in south coastal hard to reach areas (Patuakhali and Barguna). Since Max Foundation has implemented this “Max WASH I” program succesfully the Dutch Embassy in Bangladesh has recently decided to award and support the contuniation of this program with another 4-year program called “Max WASH II” aiming to increase sanitation coverage to 441,000 people and safe water to 307,000 people and knowledge linked to better hygiene practices to 1,3 million people in hard to reach areas in Bangladesh.
In addition to this extensive program Max Foundation is implementing 4 other programs for stunting reduction, Urban Slum WASH and child health imporvement, and WASH business in Madaripur, Kurigram municipality, Bogra and Sunamgonj districts. Max Foundation is currently implementing 10 projects with reputed national NGOs and is planning to expand in Khulna, and Satkhira districts in Bangladesh.
Max Foundation Country Office Dhaka is currently looking for a dynamic, energetic and experienced Senior Manager Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MMEL) with a very good command of English to strenghten our team in Bangladesh for implementation of MaxPBR, project monitoring, varification, evaluation and reort writing.
Job location: based in Dhaka with at least 40% field visits.
Salary: BDT 100,000 – 120,000,- per month depending on experience
Other benefit : festival bonus
Application Deadline: 31 March 2017
Please visit www.maxfoundation.org/en/home for the Terms of Reference of the Manager Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Key accountabilities and activities
a. Contribute to the further development of MFB’s payment by result ( MaxPBR) monitoring, verification and evaluation system
Support MF team for development and implementation of Max payment by result by working with PNGOs and stakeholders, adapt, as necessary, flexible and responsive system for result measurement and verification.
Create / manage instruments and analytical tools (smart phone / android apps/AKVO) for collecting and analyzing data, identify beneficiaries and verify services created by PNGOs, entrepreneurs and local government.
Work closely with MFB team to ensure alignment of data collection and use from EOI to proposal to monitoring and closeout.
Manage Max call centre for verify services, cross check results and support program team for recommend payment by results.
Work closely with MFB team to track implementation progress in relation to reasonable progress of partner NGOs.
Recommend incentives for best practice of stakeholders and facilitating organs.
Manage M&E team members providing guidance, training on Max Program result indicators
Support development of Max PBR manual, upgrade annually and ensure implementation of the PBR system step by step towards standardization.
Manage writing regular and quality reports for donors using best presentation of monitoring data.
b. Monitor on-going and upcoming projects
Work with MFB’s leadership in strategic planning around issues in relation to MEL
Train the implementing staff of Max Foundation’s local partner NGOs on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning; Guide and advice the field level Monitoring Officers and data collectors
Manage and guide baseline studies for new projects;
Serve as the lead in ensuring data quality and validation of partner M&E systems
Play a key role in assessing the M&E abilities of potential partners in relation MFB’s M&E system and reporting.
Conduct validation visits, as required, before project approval and during project implementation to ensure quality of data and reporting. Make recommendations, as appropriate.
Interact with organization leadership and stakeholders regarding the progress and accomplishments of Max Foundation funded projects. Make recommendations as appropriate.
Maintain constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners
Write periodic Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Reports MF and donors;
Develop, maintain and update a traffic light system to scale the performance of Max Foundation’s local implementing partner NGOs and suggest fund clearance accordingly
Support MFB to evaluate and benchmark implementing partner NGOs based on their performance and selecting partners for new projects/ programs;
c. Innovate potential program models for MF projects
Support MFB team for establishing child stunting data as proxy indicator for all Max Programs/projects
Provide formative feedback on potential models that could be expanded
Determine strengths and weaknesses of strategic approaches for reaching organisational goal and objectives
Identify cases for potential research/case studies MF projects
Contribute to the effective and efficient conduct of MFB meetings, workshop, conferences, and events
d. Quality assurance
Assure high quality and standard monitoring on MF projects, which is a key role of this position
Contribute to ensuring standards, procedures, and a strong conceptual framework for evaluation
Assist in maintaining a high level of quality and appropriate branding for all products innovated, posted, published or distributed by MF
Demonstrate the highest level of expertise, integrity, and professionalism with regard to monitoring , evaluation and Learning in WASH, child nutrition and SRHR
Provide leadership to Monitoring Officers team
Plan and manage independently the deliverables of the position
Support external contractors/ consultants / partners contributing to MFB Monitoring and Learning activities as appropriate and necessary
Coordinate M&E and reporting work with Max Foundation Netherlands team