Company Name: Eco-Social Development Organization (ESDO)
Job Title: Project Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Category: Engineering/ Architects
Deadline: 20 Mar,2017
Bachelor/ Diploma in Civil Engineering/ Water resources Engineer/ Agricultural Engineer (IWM). 3-5 years of experiences in relevant field.
4 to 6 year(s)
- Age 25 to 45 year(s)
- 3-5 years of experiences in designing, planning and managing rural small scale infrastructure, WatSan facilities installation and maintenance.
- Assist in planning and organizing project hardware intervention, guide project staff and community on hardware implementation;
- Should have hands on experience in designing and estimating small water-sanitation infrastructure in the community level like tube well, rainwater harvesting, community toilet, drain, dustbin etc.
- Ensure quality of structural work as per project requirements as well as water quality and environmental issues related to hardware implementation;
- Excellent at Micro Soft Office package.
- Should have conduction of training at community level on water-sanitation technology options, operation and maintenance, troubleshooting.
- Ability to deal with GO & NGO and other service providers.
- Willing to drive Motorcycle and should have valid driving license
Rangpur Division, Thakurgaon (Thakurgaon Sadar)
- Tk. 24000 - 26000
ESDO do not tolerate any child abuse.
Apply to: APC-HRD
Gobinda Nagar (college para )
Application Deadline : Mar 20, 2017
Company InformationEco-Social Development Organization (ESDO) Address : Collegepara (Gobindanagar), Thakurgaon-5100 Bangladesh Web : www.esdo.net.bd
Eco Social Development Organization (ESDO) is a well reputed national NGO established in 1988 and working in 25 Districts of Bangladesh. ESDO in partnership with Water Aid Bangladesh is going to implement the South Asia WASH Results Programme (SAWRP-II) in Thakurgaon Sadar Upazilla under Thakurgaon district
Job Description / Responsibility
The position of Project Engineer will be responsible for planning and implementation of WaSH related hardware implementation in the community. Project Engineer will plan and design for technology options of water sources and sanitation consulting with community, UP and other stakeholders. He will take the considerations of environment while taking the options of water sources and sanitation facilities in the community. This is Upazila based position.
Planning, estimating and designing
- Develop monthly and quarterly plan on priority basis and following the project approved plan of activities.
- Responsible for hardware related procurement and tender procedure.
- Ensure quality of all the field level hardware implementations
- Maintain hardware ID and hardware related all documents in appropriate manner.
- Plan for the water-sanitation hardware options in the community based upon the WaSH inventory/community demand.
- Develop and design the technology options for water sources and community sanitation facilities.
- Share the technology options with the community.
- Share the technology options with WaterAid Bangladesh for necessary approval.
- Orient the project staffs and community as well about the technology options and regarding the estimates of the options.
- Follow strictly the approved budget for the relevant hardware activities in the project.
Technical Assistance and facilitation
- Assist the community selecting the water and sanitation options and feasibility study for the selection.
- Facilitate the technical sessions for the project staffs and in the community as well if applicable.
- Facilitate technical trainings for capacity building of different stakeholders as per guidelines.
- Ensure proper site selection by facilitative role, quality and timely implementation of different WatSan structures, health and safety issues, safe water through water quality test according to water quality test protocol
- Ensure proper implementation interventions of the project by monitoring and supervision through frequent field visit.
- Maintain liaison with UP-authority in implementing the hardware activities in the community.
- Conduct sessions in the community on operation and maintenance of the hardware structures.
- Monitor the hardware activities going on and already completed during the project life for ensuring proper using and maintenance by the community.
- If needed S/he will assist and ensure the formation of O & M Committees in the communities and orient them.
- Will be responsible for all relevant procurement for the project hardware activities and engaging contractor where applicable following ESDO procurement policies and complying donor guidelines.
- Develop the local entrepreneurs as per project plan for enhancing water, sanitation services to the community.
- Assist the community to share the contribution and getting the project subsidy where applicable.
Coordination and Reporting
- Prepare respective technical report and technical progress report as per project document and guideline.
- Verify all the water quality test reports in mPMIS as per the actual documents submitted by the field staff.
- Control the budget for the hardware activities coordinating with WaterAid through Project Manager.
- Coordinate with project team for achieving monthly, quarterly beneficiaries for water, sanitation and hygiene.