Company Name: USAID Ag Extension Project (Dhaka Ahsania Mission)
Job Title: Agriculture Extension & Marketing Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 3
Job Category: NGO/Development
Deadline: 26 Jan,2017
Master's degree in agricultural science (agricultural economics, agri-business, agriculture extension is preferable) or business/development studies.
- 3 to 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Field or Project Organizer, Monitoring, Supervision
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Agro based firms (incl. Agro Processing/Seed/GM), Animal/Plant Breeding, Livestock, Micro-Credit, NGO
- Ability to work in a big diversity team;
- Good analytical skills in agricultural extension data;
- Sound knowledge about quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques;
- Excellent planning, interpersonal communication and organizing abilities;
- Proficiency in both Bengali and English languages.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
- Health and Group Insurance coverage as per organization policy.
Application Deadline : Jan 26, 2017
USAID Ag Extension Project, Dhaka Ahsania MissionAddress : House No# 7, Road No# 2/1, Banani, Dhaka - 1213Web : www.aesabd.org
USAID Agricultural Extension Support Activity is looking for a competent and motivated candidate for the above position.
Duration of Contract: The initial contract will be upto June 30, 2017, renewable up to October 22, 2017 and onward subject to satisfactory performance and project requirements.
Job Description / Responsibility
1. Greater understanding of agricultural extension situation and marketing opportunities as well as constraints of project beneficiaries including smallholder and women:
a. Assess the existing situation of agriculture extension at field level;
b. Clear understanding of the opportunities, constraints of agriculture extension services and high-yield marketing of the products of the farmers;
c. Equipped with technical aspects through receiving ToT from project technical team;
d. Provide farmers update information to the regional and technical team regarding extension and marketing at regular basis.
2. Assist district team to ensure the standard implementation of relevant activities at filed level following the project guideline and strategies:
a. Keep District Teams update on the latest guideline or strategies on specific tasks;
b. Orient and share Filed Facilitators (FF) through Field Supervisor (FS) on various guideline, tools, strategies on public and private sector stakeholders and agents;
c. Accompany Field Facilitators to implement extension and marketing related activities maintaining required quality and standard process.
3. Strengthen FPG level linkage with input and output market and facilitate collective action of FPG:
a. Coordinate with Field facilitators (FFs) to ensure linkage between farmer producer groups (FPG) and input- output market at union and upazila level through FS;
b. Identify output market opportunity based on different Value Chain (VC) and link potential FPG with those opportunities;
c. Facilitate FPG along with FF and FS for different collective action including collective purchasing of input, marketing of FPG product and ensure extension services as per FPG need;
d. Assist technical and management team to develop field oriented marketing strategy and guideline.
4. Ensure the services rendered by both the public and private extension agents are available and affordable for the project beneficiaries:
a. Maintain regular communications/liaison with government and private extension agents including DAE, DLS, DOF and private sectors at districts level;
b. Assist to build strong and sustainable relationship in between project beneficiaries and government and private extension agents and Local Service providers (LSPs);
c. Coordinate with other USAID funded Feed the Future (FtF) projects in the respective districts to ensure fruitful collaborations with them
d. Lead/facilitate different linkage event like farmers; field day (FFD), field demonstrations and match making workshops.
e. Facilitate to organize Agriculture Extension Service Center (AESC) based coordination events among public, private and Farmers' Leaders (FL).
5. Assist to conduct market study, survey and different action research activities:
a. Assist project technical team/partners to conduct any type of technical research/study at district level;
b. Disseminate survey/study findings to the district team following the guidance on the technical team;
c. Facilitate follow-on activities based on the study findings or result.
6. Field level monitoring on relevant activity progress, prepare reports and other relevant documents as per project requirement:
a. Be familiar with the project results framework and ensure that M&E processes are being implemented properly and data/information are being collected, checked and prepared report on time;
b. Oversee and monitor program activities through frequent field visits, sharing and meetings and provide feedback as appropriate;
c. Prepare report and case study as and when required on success of the specific activity.