Company Name: USAID Ag Extension Project (Dhaka Ahsania Mission)
Job Title: Information & Communication Technology Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 2
Job Category: NGO/Development
Deadline: 26 Jan,2017
B.Sc. Engineering or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3 to 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Field or Project Organizer, Monitoring, Supervision, Communication/Public Relation/Media
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Ability to work in a big diversified team.
- Good analytical skills in agricultural extension data.
- Sound knowledge about quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques.
- Excellent planning, interpersonal communication, organizing abilities.
- Proficiency in both Bengali and English languages.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
- Health and Group Insurance coverage as per organization policy.
Application Deadline : Jan 26, 2017
USAID Ag Extension Project, Dhaka Ahsania MissionAddress : House No# 7, Road No# 2/1, Banani, Dhaka - 1213Web : www.aesabd.org
USAID Agricultural Extension Support Activity is looking for a competent and motivated candidate for the above position.
Duration of Contract: The initial contract will be upto June 30, 2017, renewable up to October 22, 2017 and onward subject to satisfactory performance and project requirements.
Job Description / Responsibility
1. ICT Officer will coordinate with partners' ICT Field Coordinators, Regional Training Coordinator (RTC), Field Officer, ICT Champion and Agriculture Extension Agent in support of implementation of the project's ICT-related activities.
2. In accordance with Regional Work plans and working closely with project ICT Coordinators, the ICT Officer will provide guidance, intensive training, follow-up and other required capacity building to the group of designated "ICT Champions" selected from among project Farmer Producer Group (FPG) ICT leaders, so that these ICT Champions can effectively work with Farmer Leaders and producer group members on how to effectively use ICT tools that allow farmers to access and learn about agriculture extension services, new and improved technologies. ICT Officer will provide support to ICT champion in organizing "ICT adda".
3. In accordance with established work plans, ICT Officer will coordinate with District Manager, RTC and mPower ICT Field Coordinator to Organize ICT trainings, and/or orientation and demonstrations of ICT tools for ICT champion, ICT leader, Farmer Producer Group and agriculture extension agents, both within the 4 demo upazilas and project wide, as directed by ICT Coordinator.
4. The ICT Officer will support Regional Training Coordinators and the M&E team in monitoring and quality control of ICT-related trainings.
5. ICT Officer will provide or facilitate troubleshooting support to users of ICT applications and hardware being tested or introduced by the project.
6. The ICT Officer will work with SAAOs, UAOs and other extension agents in the project's four demo upazilas to promote and foster the use of ICT for delivering agriculture extension services from the Ag Extension Service Centers (AESCs). In particular, the ICT Officer will provide or facilitate sufficient technical support, orientation and demonstration to SAAOs, Upazila Ag Officers (UAOs) and AEO in the project's four demo upazilas to ensure that they understand how to effectively use the ICT apps, tools and hardware provided them and that hardware and apps remain in good working order.
7. ICT officer will attend weekly meeting at Upazila Agriculture Extension office and provide necessary support and demonstration on mobile apps to UAO, AEO and SAAO.
8. Make plans with monthly target and arrangement for the delivery of appropriate agricultural extension services to FPG through ICT tools.
9. Develop case studies and success stories of individual farmers, farmer producer groups, agriculture extension agents, input seller and buyer on using ICT in agriculture.
10. Monitor use and adoption of ICT by project beneficiaries (both farmers and extension agents) using data collection tools provided by project M & E team.
11. Contribute to the strategic development of ICT tools, in line with farmers and agriculture extension agent needs.