Company Name: Plan International Bangladesh
Job Title: Communications Specialist - Content Development & Media Relations
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: NGO/Development
Deadline: 21 Jan,2017
For this role Masters in Social Science or English but preferably in Mass Communication/ Journalism/Public Relations from a recognized University with strong command in English is highly desirable.
At least 6 year(s)
- At least 6 years working experience in communications field preferably in development organizations.
- Minimum 5 years' of demonstrated excellence in writing international Standard English with a strong computer literacy, sound understanding on the development context of Bangladesh and right based approach are desired competencies.
- Ability to work in a very organized manner with high-level skills in planning, interpersonal communication, presentation and coordination is required to carry out the job.
- Technical competency in internal communication, media engagement, social media, and public campaign are some of the basic competencies Plan is looking for.
- Experience in visibility and brand management, proven ability to identify branding risk and suggestion for appropriate solutions and experience in working with youth and private sector will be an added advantage.
- Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the qualified and deserving candidate
To be connected with Plan International Bangladesh, please join with us on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/planinbangladesh/) and youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/planbangladesh).
As a child-centered development organization, committed to the wellbeing of children and to supporting the Convention on the Rights of the Child, we do not tolerate child abuse.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Application Deadline : Jan 21, 2017
Core position and based in Dhaka
Job Description / Responsibility
Communication Specialist-Content Development and Media Relations will be responsible for establishing an authoritative and credible voice on key issues of Plan International Bangladesh such as child rights, education, gender equality etc. through quality publications and media engagement and by increasing influencing capacity of Plan International Bangladesh within country as well as across the Global Plan.
Providing technical assistance to communication department to run communications activities and campaigns at country and field level so that a uniform/coherent Plan International's image is portrayed and consistent messages are delivered to stakeholders and target population/communities will be one of the major responsibilities of the position holder.
S/he will also follow/oversee the communication aspects of Plan International's disaster response and recovery efforts through internal and external communications.