Company Name: World Vision Bangladesh
Job Title: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Program Manager, Nobo Jatra
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Category: NGO/Development
Deadline: 14 Jan,2017
- Essential: Master degree in civil engineering, water engineering or public health, with relevant training on water and sanitation engineering
- Desirable: Post graduate degree in any of the above fields of study
At least 8 year(s)
- Age At least 32 year(s)
- Extensive understanding of USG standards and regulations on WASH & Environmental standards.
- Extensive knowledge related to potable water provision, water quality maintenance, sanitation and hygiene behaviors change communications
- Building/rehabilitation /preventative maintenance of water and sanitation facilities in emergency and long-term settings.
- Water quality monitoring
- Waste management and hygiene promotion
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Bengali
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint ,engineering applications (e.g.autoCAD,Visual Basic, etc)
- At least 8 years of field experience in humanitarian or development work of which a minimum of 5 years of experience needs to be in WASH health programs,
- At least 3 of those years in WASH project implementation and construction or management position, overseeing WASH programs and supervising professional staff in a USAID grant
- Experience training others
- As per Org. Policies
Interested female candidates are highly being encouraged to apply.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Jan 14, 2017
Company InformationWorld Vision Bangladesh - Nobo JatraAddress : Abedin Tower (2nd floor), 35 Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka - 1213, P.O. Box: 9071
This position is responsible for the over-all Water, Sanitation and Hygiene ( WASH) program guidance, management and implementation . This is part of an integrated response to food insecurity, deficiencies in WASH conditions and poor access of women and girls to essential health and nutrition services. Cultural norms and water,sanitation and hygiene conditions heavily influence household dietary practices and nutrition outcomes for children under 5 years of age, pregnant and lactating women, and adolescent girls by contributing towards the improvement of MCHN practices including infant and young child feeding (IYCF).
The WASH Manager is responsible in managing all activities included in the water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) component including adoption of essential hygiene practices, improving access to potable water and hygienic sanitation, and increasing the capacity of local WASH businesses to meet local needs. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of WASH activities, including strengthening Union and Ward WatSan Committees, supporting Community WASH Facilitators and Community WASH Promoters to complete hygiene behavior change programming, supporting community water management committees to manage and maintain water supply facilities, facilitating the rehabilitation and development of water facilities, facilitating the rehabilitation and construction of latrines to hygienic sanitation standard, and promoting and facilitating linkages between consumers and WASH businesses.
The WASH Manager will be responsible for supervising and managing the work of the WASH Private Sector Coordinator, WASH Construction Coordinator, WASH Officers and WASH Program Organizers. S/he reports to the Deputy CoP and is a member of the Project Management Team.
Job Description / Responsibility
Over-all leadership in WASH program implementation to achieve the objectives of the project including monitoring and evaluation processes in the sector;
Leading coordination activities among other program teams such as Community Development , Gender Officers, MCHN team, etc to implement SBCC initiatives tailored to multiple audiences such as mothers, adolescent girls, men care groups, village development committees, and water development committees on the prevention of diarrhea, and essential hygiene practices with focus on Baby WASH approaches;
Lead in the provision of capacity building promoting the adoption of essential hygiene practices among pregnant and lactating women (PLW), adolescent girls, other caregiver of CU5, and the key influencing groups of husbands/partners and mothers-in-law through extensive SBCC programming.
Provide training for Project WASH staff and support them in the training of community-based WASH facilitators and promoters to promote and implement SBCC activities through a cascaded training approach.
Providing guidance and ensuring technical quality and standards of implementation are upheld in project activities such as strengthening Union and Ward WatSan Committees, supporting Community WASH Facilitators and Community WASH Promoters to complete hygiene behavior change programming, supporting community water management committees to manage and maintain water supply facilities, facilitating the rehabilitation and development of water facilities, facilitating the rehabilitation and construction of latrines to hygienic sanitation standard, and promoting and facilitating linkages between consumers and WASH businesses
Support in increasing practice of gender equitable norms in WASH activities;
Work closely with internal and external partners to ensure systematic documentation of lesson learnt and dissemination of best practice
Prepares regular program performance and monitoring reports
Manage performance of e WASH Private Sector Coordinator, WASH Construction Coordinator, WASH Officers and oversight performance management of WASH Program Organizers