Company Name: Eco-Social Development Organization (ESDO)
Job Title: Manager - Market Development (Re-Advertisement)
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Category: Sales/Marketing
Deadline: 12 Jan,2017
Eco Social Development Organization (ESDO) is currently seeking a Manager Market Development for the HEKS/EPER supported PREMDIP program and also for the capacity building of the organization on Market Development and VC activities. The overall goal of the program is to improve the living conditions of Dalits and Adibashi in the project area by ensuring their increased income and enhanced social inclusion. The specific objectives are to improve productivity and access to market by enhancing their capacities, to business services/inputs in selected value chains through development and upgrading by enhancing the dia-praxis between Dalits/Adibashi and mainstream community.
Job Description / Responsibility
• Designs, guidance and implements market facilitation strategies and interventions that impact the competitiveness, inclusiveness, and resilience of particular subsector.
• Lead and initiate to providing the technical support to the actor-wise group to develop the business plan on specific sub-sector
• Conduct state of art market system and sector analysis to select new sector to design intervention
• Lead facilitation teams dedicated to specific value chains and/or market system interventions to promote increased competitiveness of market actors as well as improved and expanded products, services, and market access targeted producers.
• Facilitates the development and expansion of relationships among buyers, input suppliers, producers, and other market actors involved in the livestock market chain.
• Acts as focal point for private and public sector actors in promoting value chain and market system development approaches especially Participatory Market System Development (PMSD) approach.
• Identifies relevant market actors, assesses end markets, develops market maps, and identifies constraints, market-based solutions, and incentives to integrate producers into their value chains and commercial distribution networks.
• Assesses the feasibility and projected impact of proposed program initiatives in support of performance monitoring plan targets and overall strategic objectives.
• Contributes to the development of a culture of learning and adaptive programming that encourages the flow of information and reflection to maximize performance and continuous improvement.
• Facilitates and organizes cross-organization/company initiatives (exposure visits, training activities, etc.) that would benefit organizations/firms with similar interests and needs.
• Prepares intervention budgets and monitors operations throughout the year to ensure adherence to budgetary controls.
• Good knowledge of and experience with modern development issues, particularly in the areas of inclusive business and private sector led development.
• Support the capacity building of relevant staffs in the implementation and monitoring of the program activities through regular accompaniment (including coaching and mentoring).
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi and annual reports and work plans based on the VC activities.
• Managing and reviewing performance of the VC team and individual team members
• Assist to internal- external audit, monitoring, Evaluation, assessment and visit team