Company Name: BBC Media Action
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting/ Finance
Deadline: 14 Jan,2017
Commerce graduate and at least course (CC) completed from a reputed Chartered Accountant firm.
At least 5 year(s)
- Minimum 5 years working experience as an accountant with reputed organization.
- Conversant with donors' policies and procedures regarding financial regulations, procurement and audit trails.
- Conversant with Government compliance regarding taxation and VAT.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Demonstrable ability to proactively relate to and influence individuals at all levels without formal authority.
- Demonstrable ability to apply sound judgment, maintain confidences and manage confidential information and documents.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to build strong partnerships, alliances, and work across organizational lines.
- Experience of working in a dynamic cross cultural environment.
- A problem-solving attitude and pro-activity.
- Inter department coordination and team building abilities.
- Salary and benefit as per INGO standard.
- Benefits include two festival bonuses and gratuity equivalent to gross salary. Group Life Insurance including inpatient and outpatient coverage.
Please note that we do NOT accept any CV/Resume. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidate.
The BBC is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline : Jan 14, 2017
Job Ref: 16_12_33
Reports To: Finance Manager
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Date of Joining: ASAP
Who can apply: Interested individuals with right to work in Bangladesh
Visit this link to view job detail: http://hotjobs.bdjobs.com/jobs/bbcmediaaction/bbcmediaaction150.htm
Job Description / Responsibility
Provide assistance to the Finance Manager in the areas of financial control, financial and management accounting, donor compliance and legal and statutory compliance.
Ensure that all expenditure incurred is reported in line with donor agreements and standard accounting practice and policies.
Perform accurate recording of all income and expenditure and assist the Finance Manager to maintain the in-country financial system.
Ensure compliance of all financial reporting and forecasting requirements of donors and others.
Prepare cash forecasts to identify monthly funding requirements
Assist Finance Manager in preparing the monthly project financial status and project financial reporting.
Assist the admin team in preparing and maintaining the fixed assets register and ensure regular updates in compliance with donor requirement.
Check all purchase requests and orders to ensure compliance with internal financial procedures and donor requirements.
Take responsibility for cash management and monthly cash reporting, including periodic reconciliation of advances
Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of cost reports and manage the month end process.
Assist the Finance Manager in training and developing other finance and project staff in policies, procedures and finance issues, including advising on changes in local legislation when appropriate.
Provide support to auditors and other members of the finance team during financial audits of all kinds.
Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role as required.