Company Name: BBC Media Action
Job Title: IT Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: IT & Telecommunication
Deadline: 14 Jan,2017
BSc in computer science / engineering or graduate from science discipline.
At least 2 year(s)
- At least 2 years of practical job experience of IT related fields in development / IT vendor / IT service provider.
- Demonstrable ability to configure Microsoft Outlook and to troubleshoot email related issues.
- Good working knowledge of LAN hardware (including router, switch, cabling, access point, etc) and strong knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Good working knowledge of Windows server environment, including Active Directory.
- Demonstrable ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and UPS.
- Demonstrable ability to install and troubleshoot network printer, scanner, photocopier and projector.
- Understanding of media production technologies including multimedia file formats and specialist software (Adobe suite, Final Cut Pro, etc)
- Willing to travel anywhere in Bangladesh
- Salary and benefit as per INGO standard.
- Benefits include two festival bonuses and gratuity equivalent to gross salary. Group Life Insurance including inpatient and outpatient coverage.
Please note that we do NOT accept any CV/Resume. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidate.
The BBC is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline : Jan 14, 2017
Job Ref: 16_12_34
Reports To: IT Officer
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Date of Joining: ASAP
Who can apply: Interested individuals with right to work in Bangladesh
Visit this link to view job detail: http://hotjobs.bdjobs.com/jobs/bbcmediaaction/bbcmediaaction151.htm
Job Description / Responsibility
Provide first level IT support, troubleshooting and incident reporting both locally and remotely for desktops, laptops, routers, scanners, printers and other IT assets
Take responsibility for installation and maintenance of IT equipment
Provide support for managing Office 365 environment
Deploy and maintain encrypted laptops
Provide support for managing and monitoring storage, server and other IT equipment
Take responsibility for maintaining regular data and mail backup.
Maintain the IT inventory and ensure reconciliation with the office asset inventory
Provide IT support for event and production activities in and out of office locations, including occasionally away from Dhaka.
Install and monitor anti-virus systems and undertake troubleshooting of virus effected computers.
Maintain and manage daily Active Directory tasks
Monitor network infrastructure to ensure networks are configured to operate at optimal performance
Manage and monitor networking equipment such as routers, switches and firewall devices
Monitor and troubleshoot access control devices and software
Provide support for managing and maintaining in-house software and web portal