Company Name: Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS)
Job Title: Climate Change and Finance Expert (Economist)
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Category: Accounting/ Finance
Deadline: 30 Dec,2016
The applicant should hold a Master's degree in Economics, Environmental Economics, Development Economics, Statistics or a closely related discipline from a reputed university with work experience and interest in climate change and international development.
At least 5 year(s)
- The applicant should have at least 5 years of working experience in climate change finance or environmental economics.
- Significant experience, including international projects and work for Development Finance Institutions
- Data analysis, econometric modeling and result interpretation
- Should have profound knowledge in experimental and international economics
- Econometric data analysis skill in XL spreadsheets, STATA, SPSS is preferred
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent report-writing skills, with the ability to review evidence and produce succinct and timely summaries
- Excellent communication skill in English both written and oral is necessary
- Professional experience in climate change adaptation, governance and development is an asset
- The incumbent will get satisfactory salary based on his/her research skills and experience according to the policy of BCAS.
Application Deadline : Dec 30, 2016
BCAS is seeking applications from qualified applicants for a position of Climate Change and Finance Expert (Economist) under the `Climate Finance Transparency Mechanism (CFTM)` project.
Duty Station: The duty station will be BCAS Office at Dhaka, Bangladesh (with extensive field visit).
Gender and Equity Policy: Qualified and eligible women candidates are highly encouraged to apply. BCAS implements a gender equity policy and is supportive of working women.
Job Description / Responsibility
Innovative financing mechanisms to identify and realize climate finance funding
Carry out research on climate change adaptation, governance and development including econometric analysis and modeling.
Economic assessment and technical assistance
Economic appraisal and inputs to develop frameworks